Publicly funded Catholic Education in Calgary has been an integral part of our Alberta history for over 130 years and is rooted in the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Calgary Catholic Education Foundation supports the largest Catholic school district in the province with 117 schools and 58,000+ students in the Calgary Catholic School District.
Creating Educational Opportunities
The Calgary Catholic Education Foundation is a Canadian registered charity that provides enhanced learning opportunities through classroom and school grants. In partnership with our supporters and funders, The CCEF creates additional educational opportunities for Calgary Catholic youth to have the best possibility to succeed today and to become tomorrow’s leaders.
There is no better gift we can leave behind than the gift of education.
VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
Together with our community, the Foundation supports opportunities to develop our students into tomorrow’s leaders.
The Foundation is focused on enriching the educational experience of students in need within the Calgary Catholic School District.
Education, Opportunity, Caring, Hope, Faith. We believe...
- Education is everyone’s business and everyone’s responsibility
- We can empower students through quality educational opportunities
- All students should be connected to safe, caring and engaging learning environments
- In working together, with hope, towards ideals, dreams can be achieved
- Our faith is at the heart of understanding who we are and our place in the world
The Calgary Catholic Education Foundation recognizes that public education is the mandate of the provincial government, which sets curriculum guidelines and provides basic funding. However, this basic funding does not include activities beyond the standard curriculum. In order for Calgary Catholic schools to remain competitive with other school systems, additional funds must be available to enhance our youths learning experiences.
The Foundation is focused on enriching the educational experience of students within the Calgary Catholic School District.
Your donation will provide funding on the following priorities:
- Social justice actions including Bishop Henry Social Justice Award and the High School Social Justice Summit
- Safe and caring, faith-filled schools: The arts, First Nations, Metis and Inuit projects
- Citizenship, stewardship and leadership development: mental wellness, sports equipment
- Leading edge learning opportunities: math and literacy initiatives, educational technology and STEAM amongst other educational advances
- Playground structures (requiring replacement)
- Campus Calgary/Open Minds
The Calgary Catholic Education Foundation was established by Catholic community members in 2009 in response to the need for external fundraising that fits within the values of our Catholic faith. We received support from Bishop (Emeritus) Frederick Henry to make an annual appeal in November on Catholic Education Sunday that continues to this day. Since 2009. The CCEF has awarded over $3 million in grants to the Calgary Catholic School District schools and classrooms.
The CCEF was established to ensure that Calgary Catholic schools could continue to provide our youth with the best possible educational opportunities.